Thursday, March 22, 2007

Another Day at Office

What a boring day it has been? At least till now. Coming early to office I hoped to find some worked assigned to me so that I don’t suffer from guilt and bore pangs along with other hazards like dozing off on my chair or being caught by my boss watching videos on YouTube. I haven’t been caught yet but this morning has been nothing but boring. To prevent feeling guilty for not doing anything while my teammates are busy doing their analysis, I had this great idea of reading the Approach Docs and the Functional Specification Docs. At the time of writing I have gone through them twice without adding much to my knowledge repository. But the most tragic part is that it hardly took an hour, leaving me with an eternity to spend. Next ? I sought refuge to some epaper sites, hoping to catch up with the latest news (Bob Woolmer’s murder?, Sri Lanka’s Victory, some Mexican having fun on a plane and landing in jail for it etc ). Since I had read the TOI this morning (why?), I couldn’t send much time here too.

That set the stage for a virtual rampage ….The Cog video on YouTube , its making video, mailing both to all the contacts in my mailbox, watching the 1984 apple ad spoof featuring Hillary Clinton, the original, some research on Mahjong(it’s a Chinese game similar to cards but like all things Chinese much more complicated), Tangram(again a Chinese puzzle), water torture etc. I’m done with all that and its time for lunch now. Since I cant leave office before 6.30 (against my principles(sic)) I will have more than 4 hrs to spend at my seat in a very sleepy state, doing something so that my boss thinks I’m working. I have no idea what I will be doing next but I’m sure I will find something. If anyone thinks I get paid for doing nothing, just go through this post again and tell me what you think now. Add to it thinking about innovative ways of pretending. Isn’t that tough work?? Comments welcome.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothin new in it buddy! I'd been doin wat u r doin now for sum 3 months or so... Believe me, nothin lyk lyf as now u r havin. Blog ur way out thru it, I did jus dat. Happy bloggin. Btw, it's not as bad as u make it sound, is it?